• In the Spotlight:

Who will win the 2012 republican presidential straw poll?

The potential Republican candidates on the straw poll ballot are: former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Indiana Rep. Mike Pence, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum.

Four of the Republicans on the ballot will actually attend the event.Pence, Huckabee and Pawlenty will address the conference on Friday morning, while Romney will deliver remarks on Saturday.

Gov. Rick Perry has withdrawn his name

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 4:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ron Paul,
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Ron Paul,

Is that who you WANT to win? or who you think will ACTUALLY win?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• bofa! lmao
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Mike Huckabee is my choice who I would like to win.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 5:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Pence is my choice. because i doubt Newt will want to run.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• If the GOP has half a brain and actually WANTS to regain its credibility and win, they'll go with Ron Paul. Of course this is the same party that flooded and crashed the congress switchboards over the 2007 Immigration Reform "Amnesty" bill, yet somehow saw fit to nominate its sponsor, John McCain as their presidential nominee a year later. So whether the party even has a brain is seriously questionable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Considering the organization that is holding this particular convention and straw poll...I think it'll be Sarah Palin.

Excerpted from the FRC Action website:

FRC Action (formerly American Renewal), the non-profit and tax-exempt legislative action arm of Family Research Council, was founded in 1992 to educate the general public and cultural leaders about traditional American values and to promote the philosophy of the Founding Fathers concerning the nature of ordered liberty…

FRC Action seeks to fortify the traditional foundations of civil society through efforts to educate, inform and influence elected officials in support of the country's historic ideals of equality under the law, and the unalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness on which the nation was founded.

It's a group that Palin plays to very well.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I don't know who will actually win, but I hope it's Ron Paul. I'd return to the republican party in a heartbeat if they returned to the traditional values he represents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• "If the GOP has half a brain and actually WANTS to regain its credibility and win, they'll go with Ron Paul."

Keep in mind that this weekend's event is NOT a GOP event, and is as binding as an elementary school's straw poll.

I do agree with you that Ron Paul would be a better candidate who could bring people across party lines. But I think it might take a GOP schism for that to happen.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I like Mike Pence, Ron Paul, and Mike Huckabee so far. WHO will actually win? It doesn't matter to me.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2009