Piercings

Does the bible say christians cannot get piercings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The bible says your body is a temple, This means different things to different people. Many take it to mean that tats and piercings are wrong. But like any other temple different people will decorate it differently. Does it damage a temple to paint the walls or hang new fixtures? Nope. It just looks different.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• That is dumb! I have piercings and that does not make me less of a christian.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• This question has been asked repeatedly. If you are truly looking for answers try searching the questions already in here. If you are just starting drama, grow up and go away.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I dont think so...it says your body is the temple of the holy spirit.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• As I posted yesterday on my Facebook page: "My nails are tipped in black, I have tattoos, I don't dress the way you do, I sometimes question authority. This doesn't mean I will eat your children or that I don't love Jesus or that he doesn't love me. It means that I am FREE and blessed with LIBERTY".

My personal walk with Jesus is different than another person's. I don't claim to be any better acquainted with the Lord than any other Christian. We all have different paths by which we encounter and come to know our Lord and Saviour...

I have tattoos. My body is my temple. Your church may have beautiful stained glass windows. Those windows tell a story. My tattoos all tell a piece of the story that is Jenna. Jenna is a Christian. Jenna is Mark's wife. Jenna is Aidan and Donovan's mama. She is a Marine. She believes there is always hope....even when you think all hope is lost. Think about these things.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 4:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I agree with sterling and Sabrina...its your own interpretation.

pra about it and see how you feel. Markings dont make the person. He looks inside!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• This is asked regularly. The conclusion is invariably that it is forbidden in Leviticus, but some Christians feel they do not have to follow the old laws laid down in Leviticus. It is also debatable under the aforementioned "body as temple" issue.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• There is a verse in the old testament.... between Genesis and Deuteronomy that states something like if you have peircings you shouldn't look down on those who have tattoos. But that is the only mention besides "your body is a temple" verses that I have seen. And in the New testament it states the rules to follow are the 10 commandments and the golden rule. Stated over and over in the new testament. Otherwise, we would avoid shellfish or "cockroaches of the sea"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009