I'm so not looking forward to tomorrow.....

My hubby, 8 month old daughter and I are flying up to MA tomorrow. We'll be there for a little over a week and I am so stressed! I hate packing for just me but now I have her to pack for too and I know my husband will be of no help. This will also be the first time she has been on a flight. I try not to stress out but I'm so anxious about this trip. Not only do I have to deal with his family for a week but I'm also stressed about the flight for her. I'm hoping she's ok during the flight and not crying the entire time. Any advice ladies for flying and how not to stress over getting everything ready? Thanks

msfila1980

Asked by msfila1980 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hope you know what I mean...the baby won't feel ear pain or pressure while they are nursing, drinking, sucking...so just prepared the things she would be interested in having while in her very first time flight experience. Trust me, she won't cry as much as you thought.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 4:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My biggest piece of advice is keep ONLY WHAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE DURING the flight in as small as possible bag and check the rest.

GOOD LUCK!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well, you're leaving in less than 24 hours so don't spend time being stressed just finish packing. Go to bed early so you all have great rest then you will have a nice flight for sure. BTW, if you're nursing, when the airplane is flying up/down, just nurse her. If you don't nurse, just remember to bring her some juice or water in the bottle, when the plane is going up/down, let her suck on her bottle. You may give her a lolipop to suck on...also help on the ear pop/pain while the plane changes attitudes.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 4:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• might want to find something for the pressure that will happen in her ears - check with the pharmacy - not sure fi you can cover her ears or what -that is what id' be worried about.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• the best thing i got my daughter recently was a portable dvd player,works wounders so far
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 5:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2009