How long is the average for TTC #2 before you think that something is wrong?

Hubby and I have been trying for 9 cycles. We know I ovulate and he has good sperm and we make sure to be more intimate around my ovulation window but still nothing. I know that for 1st timers it is a year, but we are unsure of when might be a good time to move on to specialist.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Wow! I never had this problem. A friend of mine tried for 3 years, and finally gave up. She had an IVF appt. Only to find out that she was pregnant. My advice is stop trying and go with the flow and it will happen.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• With my first i got pregnant as soon as i stopped taking the pill i just found out that i am pregnant with # 2 and it took me 2 months after getting my IUD removed.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 4:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• usually about a 9 months to a year.if you are under 30. over 30 i think maybe 6 months.
    it took me over 3 yrs, more or less the first time. but i have PCOS and rarely ovulate. if it matters, im 27. started metformin, and it happened within 4 months. we have been on and off trying for 6 months since our loss this year. even with the met this time. and still nothing. hoping next week we get a bfp. .
    good luck to you!
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I saw a specialist after I had 2 miscarriages and had been trying for almost a year. After seeing the specialist- hubby and I conceived on our own!

I would go ahead and call and make an appt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009