CPS Takes Kids Over Bathtime Pics - Seriously??

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/6624440.html

Laura1229

Asked by Laura1229 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• That is goofy. I have a pic of all my children in the tub. Its not like I plaster themon the net or they are not covered up. Good Lord!
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Yep they sure did. I think its nuts! I'd sue Walmart too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My god it sounds like Walmart is getting in all sorts of crazy trouble lately!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• that is insane!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Uh, yeah, I'd sue Walmart too. I have bathtime pics of BOTH of my children (when they were babies) - but neither show any PRIVATE parts.
    But YEAH, I'd sue Walmart and whoever was working who turned them in...
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• That's crazy! I have tons of bathtime photos of my daughter.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• The problem here isn't with WalMart. I think it's great when citizens think that anything inappropriate could possibly be going on with a child call and report it. The problem is with CPS. This should have been an open and shut case and should have never gone so far.

CPS made a bad decision. All the WalMart employee did was report it. CPS is responsible for the decision. The parents are suing WalMart because they're the one with the money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• What a surprise. WalMart is involved in more stupid controversy. I love how they can't do their jobs like check out customers, respond to customer service calls or even stock the shelves but the photo department is all over bathtime pictures.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• All Walmart did was turn POTENTIAL child porn pictures over to the police. That is what any developer is supposed to do.

The POLICE are the ones who felt there was grounds to call in CPS and investigate!

Stupid morons...there is no reason to jump all over an employee for doing what the hell they're supposed to do! You'd all be singing a different tune if it was some weird person and it was discovered that person was, in fact, a pedophile!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• its crazy and fucked up,ive called cps on my sister(she does crack and her kids dont have any underwear,and cps didnt do anything except give my sister money to help pay her bills.and what not.and they were rude to me on the phone,asking me how i know she does drugs.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 5:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2009