Is Cap and Trade worth $1761 a year for your family??

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/15/taking_liberties/entry5314040.shtml

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Absolutely not. Its nothing but a huge tax and control for a sham.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Yeah don't you just love Obama and the the price of a postage stamp a day. I did not realize postage stamps cost $4.80 now.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Same goes what paying $1000 for people without health insurance.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

estimated $4000 a yr in taxes for it if they get the healthcare they want.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• But I thought Obama wasn't going to raise taxes on the middle class? Ha!

The scary thing is, this is just the tip of the ice burg with this bill. Prices will get raised across the board. The estimate for my family was close to 4000 a year.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• BO said it would only be the cost of a postage stamp. He wasn't telling the truth?!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Aboslutely not! We're putting in solar, already have a well and septic, and a huge garden. Come spring I'm adding goats, chickens, and some piglets named Sausage and Patty. I realize everyone can't do that but for us it works. My husband is retired military/disabled and I have RA and SLE. We can't afford the upkeep for all of Obama's big spending, and what 'he' thinks we need is so far removed from reality that it boggles my mind. We're doing what we can, and planning for the anticipated rise in costs and I think others should consider doing the same. This won't affect just home heating and cooling but there are ways to cut your losses.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Good for you, Farmlady! We live in a passive solar house, and would like to add panels sometime soon. Sounds like a great life you have planned.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• What is $1700 compared to having clean air! It's well worth it. I'll have to drop my health insurance to pay for it, of course, but that's okay, because Obama is giving everyone free health care!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It will be a lot of work, but we'll be working for 'us' rather than so we can afford to eat and to pay taxes. At least for the time being no one has figured out a way to tax home grown tomatoes *G*
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2009