Is Baby Einstein really that good?

I have always been one to be against putting my baby infront of the tv but I keep hearing people using the Baby Einstein movies to teach there toddlers things like the ABCs and 123s. So im thinking about buying him a movie or two and see if its true. Yes Yes I know I will have to teach him myself but my question is will these help? He is turning 1 this week.

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As an owner of a couple of Baby Einstein videos, I can honestly and sincerely tell you that it is a very good tool for your toddler. He will surely enjoy the music, and the way the material is presented. I feel the same about putting my daughter in front of the TV but with Baby Einstein, I feel like I'm giving her a preview of pre-school from home :)
    raelen06

Answer by raelen06 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• yea! my son knew alot after watching it !!!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 5:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• They are stupid, a waste of money and you can do the same thing by turning on some music and making his toys move.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I love the BE videos. My DD learned sign language fast from the sign language videos. She gained an appreciation for classical music from the earlier videos. I also play them in the car.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I have the entire collection. I started buying them with my first son. He loved the videos. They are great for two reasons. One, they are a great interactive tool and two, they are much better than your child watching regular tv if you have to step away and do some house work or something. The experts say no just because they tell you not to put your child in front of the tv but that's because children these days watch too much tv and tend to eat while they are watching tv. My kids are not tv watchers but when they do watch tv it's either baby Einstein or prerecorded shows like "Word World" or something educational without commercials.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I have a few and we love them. I started with the first signs one and taught my LO some signs to better communicate with me. I agree that they are a great tool to go along with mommy teaching as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my son loooooooved them when he was younger. but playing with your child is always a better way for them to learn. i wish my child never watched tv, but alas, he does. ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• yes. Baby Einstein is AMAZING!! I watched the dvds with my son (usually) so we could interact. I do this with a lot of the shows he watches as a way to break up our day and give us "quiet" time to play together and discuss what we are seeing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My son is almost 5 yrs old and still enjoys watching the videos...even though he has watched them his whole life.
    actually I bought the first one when he was 7 months old and very ill...I thought these dvd's would be good distraction
    They were and he still loves them!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:37 AM on Sep. 19, 2009