5 plates, 1 bowls. 5 glasses in the bedroom

When I see it I do now allow it but he is eating in his bedroom after we go to bed. What do I do??? I have tried taking everything away, that didnt work. Ideas ladies?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 5:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Take everything away and put him in charge of washing the dishes for the entire family every day.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I agree with the poster above. My kids don't eat in their rooms so it's not an issue here. Maybe send him to bed earlier so that he's not snacking late at night? I don't know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• If he's getting out of bed at night to go to the kitchen and get food, put a sensor up in the hallway in front of his bedroom door. That way when he tries to leave his room, it will sound an alarm.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I would make him do the dishes for a month, if he still is leaving dishes in his room add another!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think the issue of him eating in the middle of the night would need to be addressed. That's not healthy. That's why I suggested putting up the sensor. So he can't get to the food.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• First I would ask, how old is he and is he over-weight? If he's not overweight, and over 12 I would say HE IS A TEEN BOY. . . if he is hungry, let him eat for crying out loud! Make a point to have him bring out any dishes he leaves in his room every morning, or if you don't want him eating there, ask him to please eat in the dining room or kitchen so as to avoid the problem. I think putting sensors in the kitchen to keep your kids away from food, unless they are obese or have some serious health issues, is a bit over the top in my opinion!
    Panditacjp

Answer by Panditacjp at 9:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I was thinking when I read this that he was eating late at night or in the middle of the night. That's why I said what I did about the sensors. If he's eating breakfast, lunch, dinner and having a snack, he shouldn't need to eat anymore at night. That's just starting a bad habit that will eventually catch up with him weight and healthwise. He's not going to starve if he has to wait for breakfast.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Provide paper plates and plastic cups that can be tossed in the trash. Give him a hand-held vacuum to clean up the crumbs le leaves behind. Other than that, leave him alone. It's not a crime to eat late at night. He's a growing teen after all!! Save the punishments and harsh words for when he's doing something more serious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• And even obese kids gets hungry. You shouldn't begin to ration his food intake in order to keep him from gaining weight. You're not a weight loss coach. For goodness sakes...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• And I eat at night all time- up until I go to bed at 1am, and I'm in no way overweight. It's a fallacy to assume that eating late at night=weight gain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2009