How can I lose the weight??

I was small until I had my first daughter, and then 3 years later I had my son and I have put on so much weight I am over 200 lbs now and I eat healthy and I know I need to stop drinking Sodas but I have high blood pressure that i am on meds for and can work out like walk and sruff but not for too long of a period of time or my blood pressure raises and by the time i am done with the daily house work and dealing with my 2 wonderful children, i am just so beyond tired that i am having a hard time getting myself to go exercise. My other problem is the fact that I can't afford daycare or a gym so what else can i do at home?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• There is a group on here (that I am a part of!) called I need to lose 60 lbs or more. It is really motivational. They have small daily and weekly challenges that really help keep you motivated. Good Luck girl!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• How do i get to that group?? I am sorry I am new to cafe mom
    alysialynn2005

Answer by alysialynn2005 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• buy the new issue of women's world with the girl tara from biggest loser. the article she's in is helpful and im gonna work on that! one day down!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Awesome thank you so much I used to have such a high metabolism and was small and never really payed attention to what I was eating so I didnt even know where to begin!!
    alysialynn2005

Answer by alysialynn2005 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Watch your portion sizes too. One thing we moms tend to do is finish off our LO's plates. Try to stick to a routine of 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, eating all over the place leads to eating more calories than intended.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 10:05 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I work out at home and use the kettleworx program by Ryan Shannahan. Go to the kettleworx.com website and see if this is something that might work for you. I having been using his workout program for about 4 months and love it! 20 mins, 3 times a week. Good luck with losing weigth. Let us know if you decide to use this program.
    pammysue58

Answer by pammysue58 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Theres a NEW group here on Cafe Mom called "Daily Nutritional Tips" with lots of tips,that you can use and also add if you have some tips. Also, there are forums for meals, nutrition course/weight loss challenge,exercise plans/programs and more. Come on by and check it out . Info is being added daily! See you there!
    Herbalife

Answer by Herbalife at 2:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009