How long did you wait before buying all the needed baby items?

I'm 5mths pregnant and we haven't bought anything we really need. When did you start?

heartfrommyson

Asked by heartfrommyson at 5:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I started about 6 months and then bought one or two things with each paycheck. By 8 months I have the nursery set up. I'm going to wait on buying most of the clothes until they give me an estimate of how big she will be.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I waited until after my baby shower. I got most everything I needed from friends and family. I was very blessed.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• At about 4-5 months. I put off items that I thought I might get at a shower until later. Receiving blankets, little outfits, etc. But major purchase like crib and so forth I bought sooner.

Answer by Bmat at 5:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i bought my crib at 20wks and just kept buyin the bigger things from there on i knew i wasnt gonna get too much at my baby shower so i got it myself
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 5:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Funny thing. The item we stressed over MOST, the CRIB...was the thing that could have waited the longest because we didn't use it till our son was about eight months old.

Most stuff waited till about seven months into the pregnancy.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i always wait until about 7-8 months along.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• we moved when i was 36 wks, from WA to AK... we didn't have a house until I was 36.5 wks, and all I had were a few new outfits, onzies, some hand me downs, bottles, and blankets I had recieved at baby showers. DH's sperm donor sent us $200 to buy a crib which had an attached changing table and drawers. That was all we had. I didn't get a carseat until she was 4 days old when we had to drive her home from the hosp and my mom bought that or a stroller until she was 6 wks again by dh's sperm donor. There was no "nursery", no theme.... you can survive with a lot less than you think. I had her at 38 wks. Even just getting a bassinet instead of a crib can help you save up for a crib...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I was trying to wait until after my baby shower, but the babies came two weeks before the shower! (They were two months premature) So I rushed and got the stuff I NEEDED for them while they were in the NICU (which wasnt much) and just waited until after the shower to see what I got and what I still needed.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i started buying things the day after i found out that i was having a girl, at 20 weeks, and the nursery was compleaty done at 30 weeks after my baby shower, now im 40 weeks and can't wait to meet my lil girl.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009