Viruses during pregnancy?

During this pregnancy (I'm 33 weeks) I have had strep throat twice and the chicken pox! The doctors don't seem too worried but they said there is a chance she could have complications after birth. Any thoughts, advice or experiences to share?

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 5:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A virus passes through the placenta, that is why they are worrisome. Usually you are at risk during the first trimester. This is when the baby is forming. This is why each preg has a 15% chance of miscarriage. If anything goes wrong during this critical time, natures way is the miscarriage. I am sure your baby will be fine. don't worry. concentrate on a perfect baby. If you concentrate on potential problems, that is what you might get. God forbid, there are problems, worrying would not have helped. Again, I am sure you both will be fine.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 1:07 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• when u are pregnant you are prone to illnesses... only its worse b/c your immune system is much weaker. so if you gt the flu for example, its going to feel like your dying
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• ookay....
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009