This is really embarrassing

I have been sick and coughing a lot. Well I just went to the bathroom. Then started coughing when I sat down on the couch. Well I leaked. How do I know if I just peed on myself or if I leaked fluid? I am too embarrassed to call the OB nurse. Besides she will just tell me to go in again to L&B. I am at risk for preterm labor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? My guess would be that you peed... I know alot of people that did it by sneezing. I did it by puking one day
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• you in the third trimester? lol, yeah alot of people accidently pee a little, this is why i normally kept a panty liner on. coughing, sneezing, lol just about anything can make you pee a little. my kids thought my bladder was a trampoline. needless to say i was running to the bathroom ever 5 seconds, no lie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• well if your panties stay dry for the next several hours, then you just peed imo. if you continue to get wetness in your panties, then your water broke. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Yeah I'm 33 weeks with my second and when I sneezed today I wet myself. If it happens when you're not coughing or sneezing I would be worried otherwise you are probably fine.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Smell it. Put on a panty liner and see if you leak again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Why are you at risk for preterm delivery? Next time this happens, smell it. You'll be able to tell the difference between the urine and fluids. MOre likely that you peed than leaked fluid though, since in later pregnancy, as early as the 6th month, it's extremely common to pee a little bit after coughing, sneezing, blinking lol Don't worry about it. Additional stress will only put you at greater risk of preterm delivery.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 8:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It's hard to say I had that happen to me and the next day my water broke. When I told my doctor about the day before she said my water probably broke the day before and I didn't know it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• that happened to me, my doc said that you should go to the bathroom,wipe, and then put a pad on, and go sit on the couch for a half an hour then check the pad, if its wet your water probley broke, if not you just peed your panties, lol, it happened to me soo many times i feel like a baby.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2009