Nasal Congestion

Is there anything I can give my two year old for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Health

• The pharmacist may be able to suggest something, or ask the doctor's office what they recommend?

Answer by Bmat at 6:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Wow I'm sorry on that! We have a new Grand Daughter that's just 3 days old! I feel for you & your toddler.! What does her or her DR. suggest? How about a cool mist humidifier? Or one that can take only Baby Vicks? If it says its okay to put in a humidifier for it! Read the Baby vicks jar first! Its so hard when they're so young. I hope you find what works! (I guess too use that nasal passage thing to make sure its clear!! )I wish I could help. Or knew more! But at this age its hard!! Its common but itsn't fun to see. Since you feel so helpless! Best of Luck on healing comfort for your toddler.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• OP here: Thanks.. we dont have a doctor or health insurance so I really have no one to consult except cafemom. We are using a vicks vapor fan and putting vicks on her at night (when its the worst). I dont like giving medicine to her at a such a young age and for most things, you dont need it.. i just feel so bad because she cant sleep well because its bothering her. Thanks for your replies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• be sure to irrigate with the sucker thing. Humidifier and foggy bathroom is good. vicks isn't the best thing b/c of the petroleum it isn't recommended. prop her crib up a bit with a couple boards or books so it tilts. good luck! you'll get through it!
    ps. see if she qualifies for medicaid. usually the kids at least can get it.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009