TIME FOR ON-LINE COLLEGE COARSES?

I want to get myself ready to go back to work when my child is ready for pre-school. I want to have some college coarses under my belt and I feel the best way to do that since I am a SAHM would be to do it on-line. We also want to have another baby though. I am also going to take in a newborn in Sept. full time to help out with bills. My question is do you think I will have the time to dedicate to on-line coarses? She said it would be 20-25 hours of homework a week and of coarse the testing and manditory on-line class discussions 4 times a week. Am I getting in over my head if a persue this. I have been taking fertility durgs to get a 2nd baby (had to take them to get our dd) and I already told myself if it doesn't happen for us again next time (3rd try) that I would stop. But if I do get pregnant then there will be three babies in the house after he/she arrives.

SamsMom125

Asked by SamsMom125 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• I took online courses before I got pregnant with my son. I am a single mother and I continued my education with a newborn baby. I remember writing papers with my newborn son knocked out on my lap as I typed. I also started watching another baby when my son was a little older while continuing school. Now, I could not tell you how it would be with three. The best advice I could give you is this: STAY ON SCHEDULE. Keep all the kids on a schedule so you know when you will have free time during the day: nap times, when they go preschool, when they go down for the night. Do your homework during the day and at night. If you have help, ask for specific amounts of time when you can have silence to do your work without interuption.
    JonsMom924

Answer by JonsMom924 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• What you want is possible, it is just going to take a lot, but to me, education was second in importance in my life, so I made it work. At my school, I was given all of the assignments at the beginning of the course, so I could do assignments ahead of time, like when I found free hours during the week. I, personally, would not start school until you have all of your kids on a regular schedule, therefore, you know how much time for school you really will have. I hope this helps. Good luck! :)
    JonsMom924

• I understand your desire to go back to school; remember, being a parent is a full time + job as it is. It depends a lot on your support system too - if you have family and friends that can assist with childcare to allow you ample time to study. Personally, when i take on too much, then everything suffers - parenting, marriage, household, kids... With that said, can you start slower? Maybe just one class at a time.
    Trinjo

Answer by Trinjo at 12:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2008