Is spotting normal?

I am 7 weeks pregnant and today i have been spotting brown discharge, is it normal?

I am trying not to worry or stress about it because if there is nothing wrong I dont want to cause any more problems.

I have an Ultrasound appointment on the 24th, that was the earliest I could get.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Brownish spotting is normal in the first trimester. Brown means old blood, which, in general, is nothing to worry about. If you start seeing bright red blood and having cramping, those are signs of a miscarriage. Pink spotting is usually okay too, because it usually comes from the cervix Ilike after a cervical exam or rigorous sex). Sounds like you get the all-clear :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I am almost 10weeks and I have had a little bit of pink discharge and my ob said it was normal. So if you have brown (which is old blood) I would say your safe too. If anything becomes bright red like your period get to the ER. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2009