Where would be the perfect hiding place?

Money...You know for a rainy day?

I know we can easily open an account but sometimes you just want money on hand and just go do what you want to go do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• http://www.thehardwarehut.com/catalog-product.php?p_ref=2241

This is a great spot, we have one and only found out when our son accidentally opened it.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Where to hide money? If you use stick deodorant, click it until the deodorant pops out, stick the money in, and then put the deodorant back.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I read one time that a woman put her stash of cash in her box in the closet labeled "maternity clothes". No one would ever touch that box, lol.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I have a "fake book" and you can also get fake hairspray or shaving cream or what not... The bottoms pop out and the money goes inside.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• If it's cash you can just put it between the pages of a book you know no one will read...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• One of those things that looks like an electrical outlet only it tips out to put stuff in. Nobody ever thinks an outlet is a hiding place.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Great ideas here.......I used to use the deoderant one.

You can easily stash an extra hundred or two in there once rolled up tight together.

Also atop any ledge above cabinets. You could place the cash inside a plastic baggie, then under a plant on the same ledge.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Why don't you just get a safe? We have a small safe that is bolted to the floor in our bedroom closet. Nobody is going to be able to take it, it is fireproof, and you can keep other things, like documents, in there. The safe cost around $200, and you won't forget where you hid it, or run the risk of someone else finding it by mistake!

If you don't want to buy a safe, I've heard from security experts on tv that children's rooms are often the last place that thieves look. The first place is the master bedroom.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• A Tampax box....my mom uses this lol I only found out when I was like "damn it I want to go swimming" and realized I left my tampons and home....I had a eureka moment and it quickly went to a "only you mom would do this."
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:10 AM on Sep. 19, 2009