Is this normal??

I am 27 1/2 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. I am pretty sure he has dropped.. lets say 99.9% sure. I have been having braxton hicks contractions.. they are not regular.. but I didn't have them until the very end of my last two pregnancys. With my first i'm not sure when she dropped, could never really tell. With my 2nd i'm pretty sure she didn't drop until like 34-35 weeks. Is it normal for him to have already dropped. I have a dr. apt in a week, just wanted some advice before then.

atjm0919

Asked by atjm0919 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The baby may have dropped...but you are still a ways away from labor! I know people who have had contractions from like 25 weeks till they delivered, all irregular of course. If for some reason you do go into labor...the doctor would probably give you a shot to stop the contractions! If they get consistent then I would call the doctor just to be safe!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• The baby can drop as early as the beginning of the 7th month or so. He may have dropped it sounds like. Nothing to worry about though I don't think. And Braxton Hicks can happen as early as the 5th month, so I wouldn't really worry about that either. Your doctor will be able to tell you if anything is abnormal. Don't get too stressed though.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 8:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009