How to Reduce the Number of Times My Baby Bangs Her Head in the Crib

I know that this will happen as bumpers are not advised anymore. I also realistically know that this will happen no matter what I do anyway. I just want to know of any tricks to reduce this. My baby hit her head so hard the last few times. She has been hit by the soft spot on her head too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can use a "breathable" bumper. When you put her in the crib put wedges around her so she can't move and bump her head.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I dont know what kind of bumpers i use they came with the bed set so i just use those. if you dont want to try wraping a guaze and tape it down around each bar i guess i dont know my son isnt rolling yet so i am not in the situation you are in exactly
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Just put a regular bumper in.

Breathable bumpers don't have any cushion. They will keep arms and legs in but that's about it...until they can rip the velcro apart and you find the baby sitting in the middle of the crib with the stupid breathable bumper wrapped around their throats.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Why can't you use bumpers? I always had bumpers in the crib and my kids didn't hurt their heads. . I don't get it....is it now wrong to use bumpers? @@
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• well its worse to use a wedge for a baby who is able to move about in any way .I am amazed at how little mothers know about their babys safety. For people who are on the internet enough to be on this type of site, you would think people read things and get with the times....its the big puffy bumpers that are bad, and they have new breathable bumpers ...my son is 5 months old and does not try to undo the velcro..its strong and hes not sitting up yet on his own.....what kind of wood is the crib made of? Most cribs are of a lightweight wood that is not even solid, and babys usually do not have the strength to really bash their heads hard against it. I know my sons crib is made of cheap wood and hes just not strong enough yet except he kicks it about with his feet.
    So i would try a breathable bumper...they do have some padding despite what the othe rposter said...it will coushion the head... .
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009