free childrens books

just wondering if anyone knows of any free childrens books programs. im all for reading my son is already in the dolly parton imagination library which is a great program if you've never heard of it. the imagination library gives your child one book a month from birth (or age at registration) until age 5 and its any child they dont have to meet any requirements other than the programs availabilty in the area you live. anyways if you know of any programs please let me know i dont think kids can have to many books.

volsmomma22

Asked by volsmomma22 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Book Adventure

Book Adventure is a FREE reading motivation program for children in grades K-8. Children create their own book lists from over 7000 recommended titles,
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I use SwapaBook, this is free and you trade books you no longer want for news one your child wants to read.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 7:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Sorry I don't know of any other way to get free books other than borrowing them from the library, but I want to know about this imagination library. Do you mind telling me how I can get in on that?
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My son is in the same program (Dolly Pardon's), He doesn't like the selection of books and they go unused. I know some areas have a bookmobile. Where you go to where the bus is and borrow books and return the next time the bus comes along.
    You could go to "ask.com" and do a search for free book programs
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2009