Should I have another?

My husband and I have been talking lately about adding a baby to our family. I've been having that baby craving for about a year now and it's starting to make me nutty. I LOVE babies so much and always find myself playing with everyone else's and adoring them so much that I think the people think I'm crazy.
We have a 5 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. I'm enrolled in college online and my husband is home often to help out with the kids. I've been battling depression for about a year now, most of the time I feel okay as long as I get out of the house now days. I've had two c-sections and would like to try for a VBAC and possibly a waterbirth.... What do you girls think I should do? Should we wait a few more years or Just Do It?

momofkearra

Asked by momofkearra at 7:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Health

• Only you know! And your DH. But I'd be sure to get my Depression issues in check first! That wouldn't help being depressed & pregnant in case you felt overwhelmed! Now by no means would I tak you out of something! Just making sure you're Well! How about baby sitting a baby and see how that feels! My DD is 25,. She just had her 3rd Child on Tuesday! You're young and have plenty of time! I wish you the best of luck in all that you do!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I would do it! It could be just the thing you need to kick your depression completely.
    dakotaleann

Answer by dakotaleann at 7:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well are you ready? It's up to you and your husband!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I guess I don't know if I'm ready. On one hand I really want another little one and thinking about it makes me so happy and excited. I feel ready for life and fulfilled. But... on the other hand I start thinking about all of those what if's. What if I end up suffering emotionally worse from this labor and delivery? What if it makes my husband and I so stressed out we get divorced? What if I die? What if the baby is retarded or something? What if I gain so much weight that I get all ugly and disgusting looking to myself? (I realize that some of this is superficial and that I should not care but it really affects me because I've always been a small attractive person, it is difficult to deal with being overweight or scarred in some way that won't go away) I appologize in advance if i've hurt anyone else's feelings and maybe someone could share with me some ways to cope with all of these insane WHAT IF'S???
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 8:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Go for it :)
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 8:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I would go for it, i agree with dakotaleann it could help with your depression. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Thanks for the support girls! It means the world to me!
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 10:23 AM on Sep. 19, 2009