Should I tell my friend?

I have been friends with my guy friend for 15 years now, we email mostly, occasionaly get together and do stuff.
He has a 16 yo daughter, who he is always bragging over, saying what a great kid she is and everything, which I found sweet. Problem is, I was out with a couple friends and I saw his daughter at a club drinking with some older friends. I am assuming she was using a fake I.D, though not positive, because she is tall and looks way older than she is.
My question is, should I tell my friend his daughter was doing these things? Is it even that big of a deal, or would I look like a big tattletale in the end?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Well I definitely don't agree with Mrs. Anonymous. You have seen the girl behaving badly so therefore it's become your business (through no fault of your own). If this had happened to me, I would tell. Nothing this extreme but my bestfriends 12 year old isn't even allowed to have a boyfriend. I lived across the street from them and seen her daughter smooching it up with some boy on the side of her house while my bff was at the store. I told immediately. I always think "what would I want to happen to me"! If someone had seen my child doing something like this, I would be appreciative of that person for informing me.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It's none of your business!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• you absolutly should tell. The problem with these teen girls getting in trouble is because nobody ever wants to tell. When you hide what they do thats when you give up caring. My daughter hated when I kept tabs on her but she is 22 now and thanks me for being so caring...Tell your friend!
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• While it may be none of your business, if it was your DD would you want to know?

If something happens to her, could you live with the fact that you might have been able to stop it if you told?

He might be upset with you and might not listen if she has him that wrapped around her finger but at least you tried.

If it was my DD, I would want to know.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Maybe say something to the daughter. Like that you saw her and want her to know it's not okay to do that. I mean kids will be kids and if she wants to drink and go to clubs she will, but let her know she cannot do this again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I mean't "though" not "through", sorry, lol.
    Katrina3016

• Yes, I would. She's risking her life and she's risking the club losing it's license.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i would tell him she is 16 y/o child it would be different if she were older
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i would
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 9:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I would want to know... That's how you have to look at it as a parent.... Be careful how you say it though...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2009