I got my Quadscreen results back today! =(

I got my test results back today and they are moderately elevated. My Dr. has scheduled appointments for me to see a genetic counselor and have an extensive ultrasound next Tuesday.

Has anyone else taken this prenatal test? How did yours turn out? What should I expect from the appt?

luvbnmomnwife

Asked by luvbnmomnwife at 7:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I will keep you in my prays and please just stay calm until you go to your appointment everything will be ok.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• when i got a quad test i got negative so i didnt have a follow up appointment concerning that...but a lot of people say they have false positives one lady told me that she got a positive and she went thru the pregnancy worrying but when her baby was born she was just fine...so it might be a false positive..but good luck!
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 7:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• idk but i thought those have a lot of false positives, meaning they say you might have a problem, but then everything turns out just fine. i didnt do the screening. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It's a screening to determin if your at risk for having a baby with birth defects. Not that they actually have them. There's just a high chance that they do. Whihc means there is no "false positive". It's just a test to determin wether I'm more at risk. But, my doctor seemed quite concerned when she called. And wants me seen as soon as possible. That's what really has me worried.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 7:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I did not do any testing with my first son, but with my second son i did the first trimester screening for some reason. I was to test for Down Syndrome. My test results and ultrasound came beack negative, but my baby was born with Down Syndrome anyway. I refulse prenatal screening now. I won't make a difference anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I am wondering, why you do this? What if you have a risk for a baby with birth defects, does that change anything? Nothing you can do, right? Seems like it creates a lot of worry.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i refused the test. since it only shows if there is a chance there is a birth defect, i decided it wasnt worth the worry. we dont have anything that runs in the family in that way, so i wasnt worried. we knew we would love our baby no matter what, and like i said, didnt want the added worry during pregnancy. i know some people would rather be aware and prepare themselves, but i didnt.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I do have some things that run in my family among other concerns with this baby's size already. And that is why I had the test done. I would never consider ending my pregnancy for any reason, I am extremely pro-life. But, I would want to be prepared for a life style change if I needed to be. I have 3 older childeren to explain things to and would want them prepared as well. I would never want my children to feel confused or left out if their baby brother needed extra attention from mom and dad. We just want/need to know what to expect. As well as plan for the future of our family as a whole.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i didn't have it done bc to us no matter the outcome he was still our baby. and we didn't plan on terminating the pregnancy if anything came back or put him up for adoption. if something was wrong, then we would have dealt w/ it as best as possible, but wouldn't love our baby any less.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:47 AM on Sep. 19, 2009