Molars

My 29 month old son is cutting a molar and is not eating. He'll ate a few m & m's and a little bit of a bar I had today and has been drinking from his sippy cup alot though. I'm just worried and scared. We have been giving him Motrin and Tylenol for the pain. Any suggestions?

jilligan362

Asked by jilligan362 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just make sure he drinks a lot and get lots of rest he will be fine as long as you keep him drinking. Watch for a fever and if it goes above 101 then I would call the doctor. That's what my doctor tells me to do.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My LO is cutting molars too. I have actually given her a wash cloth with an ice cube in it and tied it off with a hair tie. She loves that. She runs around with it and chew on it when she wants. Mine just started eating better today so I let her have all that she wanted. I would keep offering really soft stuff so that he doesn't have to chew much. The biggest concern is to make sure that he stays hydrated. I wish you luck and I feel your pain momma.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• at walmart they have these fruit cups that u freeze and eat, try cold stuff to feed him.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• How about giving him pureed food?
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My LO is also cutting molars at the moment and she loves popcicles she would eat them all day if i let her. Her doctor said to give her tylenol for the fever and keep her hydrated until it cuts through. Good luck mama
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My lil guy started feeling better yesterday. I stopped at the grocery store yesterday after work to pick up a few things. Found a package of keebler cookies on clearance so I bought them as a treat. Get home and as I was putting groceries away, Junior (we named him after daddy which is my hubby) found the cookies and has been begging for cookies ever since.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My ds started cutting another molar today. I'm sad he's teething but know it's natural for everyone to teeth. Only if there was some way I could make it faster. Just breaks my heart he's in pain and nothing I can do but give him his sippy cup and motrin/tylenol.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2009