too much after a c-section?

I feel fine and I barely hurt. I got my staples taken out today. I had my baby on the 12th (6days ago) and every1 is telling me Im taking on too much too fast.They tell me I need to rest. My baby girl is in the NICU still and I breastfeed her and pump. So its impossible for me to "rest". What do ya'll think...My husband is telling me to take it easy,but I feel she needs to see her momma

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breastfeed and pump and NOTHING else. You feel fine now but when baby gets home reality will set in and you will have wished you had taken it easy. Please rest, you will heal faster if you do.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I spent EVERY possible moment in the NICU with my baby and pumped round the clock for her and attempted to BF when ever I could.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Its hard for me to sleep. I am a really light sleeper now, and any little noise wakes me. I thinks its b/c Im worried.So its hard for me to sleep
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Just when you home rest you will be thankful when she comes home. Legalmommy is right .
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I had a c-section 11 weeks ago and came home to my (at the time) 18 month old daughter. They tell you not to pick up anything heavier then 10 pounds and she is a BIG girl weighing in at 35 pounds, anyway my point is even though it didn't hurt much then you will pay for it later because i feel it more now then I did at the time. Please try your best to take it easy because you could do some serious damage to yourself without even noticing. Remember you have 4 layers of stiches not including the staples on top. The easier you take it, the better you will feel and heal. Good luck and Congrats!!
    LolaD

Answer by LolaD at 8:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• REST! You will regret it if something happens to you. Believe me. I have had two c-sections and it is hard on the body. I know you want to provide for your little one right now, as best as you can, but just concentrate on the pumping and resting and nothing else. You will need the rest once she comes home. The stiches you have are not only on the outside of your body, you have tiny stiches inside your abdomen (I believe there are 21 layers of tissue in total that need to heal), so let your body relax. Oh, and congrats on the little one. I hope she comes home soon.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You didn't have just a c-section...you had major stomach surgery. You need to eat right so your body can heal faster. You also need to not lift anything heavy, you are still in a danger zone of getting a major infection. Taking care of YOU is a way of taking care of the baby....if you sick with infection how will you run around then? That's fine if you want to go and go...just eat good healthy food and don't lift anything heavy.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009