I've lost my faith--Where is God?

I don't believe in God anymore. As a mother, if I see my children in danger, I would do any and everything to spare them pain and suffering. Where is God? There is so much crime, suffering, injustice, diseases etc etc in this world we live in. This has been going on for centuries. Life is a cycle, we live and die. That's it. IMO

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No offense but some how I doubt you will find your answer on Cafemom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• The gods do not get involved with people in ways that would stop them from acting on free will. They gave it to us all, unfortunatly there are way to many people that use it to hurt others. It doesn't mean that the Gods aren't there or don't care. Maybe you just have to talk to them more and you will find them again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well, seems the devil has got a good hold on you. God has a plan for all of us, We as humans are incapeable of understanding God's LONG term plan for humanity or this earth. I hope you can find the light again.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• FINALLY! my thoughts exactly, but then id get a snooty reply from a religious freak saying i need to grow up and realize god is everywhere and just becasue he doesnt answer every prayer like i want it doesnt mean he exists... nooo it just means he doesnt exists! we can only find out when we pass. and when we do and all you religious folks realize you spent all your lives worshiping dirt my ghostly a$$ will be laughing . but if there is then hey, at least i wont have to put up with ya'll becuase id be in hell !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I was like this...But what made me seek Him was that my daughter. She was born and wasn't breathing plus had many other complactions. The first time I saw her with all the tubes and wires and they wouldn't let me hold her, I broke down in tears. I hated my self, they I wanted to blame some1 else. I was all ways asking why she was so sick. All I could do was blame myself.My husband is very religious I wasn't and he told me to give prayer a try.The first I prayed I was angry at Him, and told Him to make her better...Then I tried making a deal with Him,that if she got better I would be a follower. Then I stopped and just gave Him thanks for her and that she is getting better. I beleive that if you don't have faith...it makes it harder for Him to hear you
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• If we want the world to be a better place we have to make it a better place, not wait for a god to do it for us.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Okay, I am a Christian. I believe that the reason there are hardships are to make us stronger. We must turn to God during hard times, and never lose faith in Him and his plan for us. God loves us and it is our choice whether or not we want to be strong through his tests of our belief in Him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Life is a cycle. A very important one. And there is much that we do before we live and die. We grow and change and experience. Be the change you want to see in the world. If you are seeing the goodness of God you can find Him withing yourself and your children! Those who do crimes without remorse are refusing to hear Gods words. ...all you have to do is listen with your heart and you can hear Him telling you of His love for you.

I am Pagan and i believe what i have said here. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It's ridiculous to say your God lets all this happen to break you down enough so that you feel so helpless you have no option but to turn to him. Torture=love? Pain and suffering=love? Sitting by and letting terrible things happen when you're totally capable of stopping them=love? lol... come on now!

Overcoming difficulties in life does make you stronger, but I see people get over those bad times WITHOUT turning to a god, so it IS possible. Simply have enough faith in YOURSELF. Stop thinking you need to depend on some god and learn to use your inner strength. God is not the answer, he is an idea used as a band-aid and a control measure coupled with fear and insane ideas about what love is; it's a figment which does nothing but make you deny your own nature and inner gifts.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• The same care and concern you have for your children, God has for you. He is right there. Use what you have to make this world a better place.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 8:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009