Oscar Meyer....humping

can someone please tell me how to get my miniture wiennie dog to stop humping my little multi-poo. They are both boys but my oscar meyer doesnt care. He holds him down, bites his neck and humps him and my poor cotton thinks hes just wrestling. Cotton cant go anyplace without oscar trying to hump him and the whole time Oscar is whining and barking because his horney is taking over. Is there anything I can do to make him stop sexually harrassing Cotton?

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 8:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pets

• hahah thats hilarious! i love the dogs names! are they fixed? i would spray sour apple on Oscar when he does it! other than that i have no ideas good luck! :)
    HaydensMama42

Answer by HaydensMama42 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• poor dog lol get a spray bottle and spray his nose, it helped my lesbian corgi. but.....theres pros and cons, got he to stop riding my female dog but she started going for my kids and anything left on the ground. maybe get him a stuffed animal? lol
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 9:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• He humps stuffed animals until theres nothing left. He is not fixed but I guess he needs to be!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• get him fixed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Neutering won't necessarily help. My dog was neutered in June and he still humps half his life away. It's really not always a sexual behavior. Sometimes they do it just because they're excited.
    Dawn4175

Answer by Dawn4175 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My dog has been neutered for 7 years and he still humps stuffed animals and our cat! ugh....
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Buy him a toy so the other dog can get some PEACE!
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 3:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Neutering will not necessarily fix the problem. My daschund is neutered and guess what, if I let him, he would hump anything his short legs can reach, including the mini pinscher. I have read that humping is not always a sexual activity for dogs, many times it is actually a statement of dominance. In other words, he is showing the other dog that he "owns" him and bosses him, etc. I would try what they are saying about the squirt bottle full of water. A good blast in the face will make my weiner dog stop just about any undesirable activity. Just keep in mind that daschunds are stubborn, so you will have to keep a good eye on him until he is sure that you mean business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I have a little Mini Humper too...LMBO....he gets a squirt with spray bottle and he has really gotten better about it. It's one of those things that will keep coming back though if left for awhile. You've got to be consistent with it ALL the time (that you can) I realize you aren't home sometimes. My humper's name is PeeWee. My female is Camille-'Cami" short.
    My problem is barking........I need to go find a group for Mini Doxie owners,LOL. Think I will.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009