Do u trust people with ur kids?

I have a really hard time trusting people with my kids, who are 15 months and almost 1 month). my df keeps pressuring me to have someone watch them so we could have some much needed us time( which i agree we do need), but i dont trust anyone with them. my oldest has been watched by family members before but i still get very uneasy and try to find every excuse for them not to watch her. Is anyone else like this? Any advice on how I can relax my anxiety of other people caring for them?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 8:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I used to be kind of like that. ...until i realized that by taking a break i was a better mom. ...But i still do try to make sure that if my boys need to be watched its during bedtime. ...although that is not always possible. Oh. and they are both in school too. so.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I only fully trust a few family members that have spent ALOT of time with her since birth.. she is almost 3 & I love now she is getting old enough to tell me stuff :) but it doesnt mean i trust people any easier..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I am; I just feel like my son should be with me, so that I, his mother, can raise him. And I'm pregnant and I know that I am not going to want this baby out of my sight, because for one I might miss a first, and two I'm particular and detailed. I want things done a certain way with my baby, I would rather keep them with me than get mad at a family member for not attending to them the way I think they should. I will say that since my son is older it is a lot easier to let go, but I don't let it happen often. Not because I don't want anyone else involved with him, but because he is mine and I don't like to share! lol No really I just want him taken care of a certain way.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 8:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Family...for the most part, I mean I know no harm will come to them, but I still worry about if they are "doing" it right. Friends are the same. I trust no one blindly but I believe that those closet to me will care for my babies, maybe not the way I do, but then again I am mom so no one does it like me.

Your's are still very young it will take sometime before you start to relax and that is perfectly normal. But a few hours to reguvinate yourself is also a good thing.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I'm the same way. It's really hard for me to leave him. You never know what can happen. I would find someone that you really trust and you feel treats your babies as their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• like everyone else.im like u.thats what MOST mothers go threw,and its norm.my oldest only likes her 1 grandma (hates her other one lol) and my 10 mo old doesnt like anyone but mama n dada and maybe grandma if she has food.the key is to make sure ur kids are having fun and arent gunna think about you and daddy.maybe they would b more willing to go with grandma if they finger painted? if they played in the pool? you need ur time,and after a while u will feel much better about this.trusting is hard.and i would babysit for u :) if u can drive to VA lol
    mamacita4two

Answer by mamacita4two at 9:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My daughter is 7yrs old...And when she was younger my mom and dad was the only one's who I trusted to watch her. Even know I don't really allow anyone to watch her. Once in a while my younger sister does she is 18yrs old but My mom or I are there also.Other then myself and my husband
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You need to lighten up. You will not leave your children with someone who doesn't have the children's best interest at heart. You will not leave them with someone who wouldn't be as diligent as you. You are going to find that you live in fear and stress which will be transfered to your children. You will ultimately raise scared, timid children who are afraid to try any new thing. Relax and enjoy your night out. It insults the people you "trust" to treat them as if they couldn't be good care-givers.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• NO. The only person she can go and stay with is her Grammy & Papi. She did hang with my husbands sister some but she passed away. I just don't trust most of my family with my kids.
    If I'm around or my husband then fine. But. I don't leave them with nobody but my parents. Period!
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 10:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• OH, And of course my HUSBAND lol !
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 10:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2009