Dose it ever get any better?

Ok I have a 2 month old son And I guess I have PPD. I am really feeling down. I mean it's hard to get out of bed in the morning I have to force myself to get up. I was feeding my son today and everytime I looked at him I cried all I could think was that he deserved better than I could ever give him. See me and my husband are both out of work and weren't able to buy my son anything everything we have was givin to us. it's a very worthless feeling. I'm so depressed every day it's getting hard to function. I'm so tired all the time. Dose it ever get better? and when?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It does but its a long journey..my son is 5 months old and some days I still feel so down...I am a single mom and live at home...I sometimes just know he deserves better but I am making the steps to create a better life for us, that is all you can do. Talk to someone if you can...it doesnt help to bottle these feelings up. PPD is a serious thing, and its past the baby blues.....you might require something more than just talking.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 9:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• it will def get better! hang in there mom. its very common to get the PPD have you talked to your doctor about it? im pretty sure they can give you some kind of anti-depressent for it. i hope things start to look up soon GL :)
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Yes it will get better. Eventually one of you will find a job and that will help ALOT. Right now, you're probably not getting much sleep and that makes any situation worse(including your mood). My daughter is now 8 months but in the beginning it was really tough and I still have my moments. When he looks up at you and smiles or giggles at you, you forget all else. You still have awhile until he responds in that way, but you have something to look forward to. And it will make all worries disappear. Good Luck if you ever want to talk I'm here
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Honey you made me tear up after reading your post. It gets better - it gets much much better and there is light at the end of that tunnel you're in right now. Does it feel like the routine is getting to you? Try getting out of the house - get some fresh air, go for a walk, take a drive to the mall or even grocery shopping can be a therapeutic outing for you. You are so blessed to have that little boy in your arms, you have a treasure there that no money could buy, so even though things are tough money wise, have faith and believe that this is just for a time, and know that things will get better. My daughter just turned 1 yr and when I look back at the first couple of months, I feel so accomplished that we made it thru those 3am feedings, diaper changes, colic .... for me, I started feeling like myself again by about 5/6 months, and the time flies, so don't worry ok? Sending you a big bear hug, feel better ok?
    dani809

Answer by dani809 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009