38 1/2 weeks and have been having off and on cramps for couple hours.

I've been trying to time them, but they are all over the place. It is more like constant cramping on only one side. Then it goes away for 5 to 10 minutes and then I get it again. Sometimes they only last a minute, sometimes a little longer. When I went down on the treadmill to try and walk it off, the cramping lasted the whole time. The only time it seems better is when I sit on the exercise ball. Also, it after the cramping goes away, i feel it something down below closer to my vagina. My lower back has been hurting off and on too. This is my first, so I don't want to overreact, but the cramping has been going on for 2 hours and it is pretty strong.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• don't go to the hospital unless they tell you to go. labor is kind of confusing sometimes. but definitely call.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 9:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• go to L&D they will tell you for sure
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• call your doctor first, he/she will probably tell you to go to the hospital.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 9:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Do you think I should stay at home a little longer? I know when I call they are going to ask how far apart they are, and it is really hard to tell, because it is really more constant.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My first guess is that you're dehydrated (or over tired)
    or baby's position is a little "off"

Do you know how baby is positioned? Are you feeling baby move?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2009