Dose it ever get any better?

Dose it ever get any better?
Ok I have a 2 month old son And I guess I have PPD. I am really feeling down. I mean it's hard to get out of bed in the morning I have to force myself to get up. I was feeding my son today and everytime I looked at him I cried all I could think was that he deserved better than I could ever give him. See me and my husband are both out of work and weren't able to buy my son anything everything we have was givin to us. it's a very worthless feeling. I'm so depressed every day it's getting hard to function. I'm so tired all the time.And the doctor gave me meds but they don't seem to work. and i ran out of medicaid. and I've talked to people but it dosen't seem to help Dose it ever get better? and when?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think I had a more mild PPD. I stayed at home in PJs and ate and slept and watched TV. When he was able to do more I was forced to do more too, and that helped. You need to force yourself to get out and do things, grocery shopping, go to the park, take walks. And it is going to SUCK when you start and you will HATE making yourself do it and have no motivation.

I know it feels like it will be this way forver and it will just be worse to go anywhere, etc. My husband was laid off when ours was 3-4 months and it was hard.... Try going to a clinic as far as a doctor goes. it is important to stay on top of this b/c you dont want it to get out of hand! PM me if you need support. I have dealt with depression for years.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Good news is he'll never remember this time. So it's okay that you're not feeling the greatest but you really need to see someone about it. PPD can get really out of hand if not treated properly. Another good thing is babies love really cheap things. My son loves loves loves the park, he's partial to the swing. He love the pool, he loves the sand at the beach, the grass, and pretty much anything else outside. Which good news they're all free. Then his favorite toys are trash.. plastic bottles, paper, straws. All things that you can get for free. So I wouldn't worry so much about giving him everything just yet. Mine is 10 months old, has never slept in his fancy crib, or used very many of his toys for very often. So keep your head but and get outside sunshine can do you good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• 1) You are not a bad mother! You did not quit working and your husband is not just being a dead beat. the economy sucks right now and you are just the next victim.
    2)You son already had the best parent because you give a crap! You actually care about what you can and can not do for him. There are children who can't say that about their parents.
    3)Don't sit around and do nothing. Apply for every bit of public assistance they offer. You should still qualify for medicaid with no income/unemployment.
    4)While you and Dh are home with your new baby right now take advantage of that time to bond as a family. Go to the park and walk and picnic together. Visit with family out of town. Sit in the yard on a blanket and eat fun snacks. Do cheap dates!
    5) Get out and about. Don't sit at home worrying all of the time. Worry is inevitable i know. Try to at least once a week get out by yourself and windo shop or go running. con't
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• con't meet a friends for a soda at the local McDonalds...
    6)Keep in mind you are not the only person to every go through this. (been there, almost there now...) It does get better! If you keep looking up it gets better. Remember that when in the dark all you have to do is think to turn on the light. You make your happiness. Look for the positives at the moment. I know it's hard! You haev a son who is healthy and fed. You have people who care about you and will help you. Your husband is trying his hardest... I know I am making a lot of assumptions here but you get the idea.

It will get better. PM me if you would like. I'd be happy to chat.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Honey I'm so sorry you feel like this. I was exactly the same way with my 1st and 2nd baby. I'd be happy to give you support and friendship, if you want it. There's also a group here called Mothers with PostPartum. They're an awesome bunch. It will get better in time. Hugs to you, Momma!
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 9:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Medications are helpful but you need to speak with a counslor of some sort to work through these sad feelings. Don't understand how you don't have medicade when you have no income. You mentioned you could not give your baby anything: you gave him life and now you need to give him your love. Babies do not understand material things they want mommy and daddy. Since you both are home both should give him your undivided attention. I always found walking makes me feel better and it is free. That is just the start. Really, look for a professional to speak with about your feelings.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 10:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• What could someone do to help you? Don't be afraid to ask for help. Is your son lacking anything that you feel like he needs?
    bfaith7

Answer by bfaith7 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think it can get better if you start doing things that make you feel proud and accomplished. My daughter is 7 weeks and I just took her to the park for the first time this past week all by myself and that made me feel so good about myself because I was able to get outside get some fresh air and take a nice walk. Sitting indoors all the time has been driving me crazy, and I've been really lonely because my husband works a lot. But my mild PPD has definitely gotten better as I've tried to become even slightly more active. The laying around and stuff just made me feel sluggish. Your son just needs your love right now and that Im sure is something you definitely have a lot of :) Kids seriously don't care about fancy expensive stuff, especially babies! Just talk to him, sing to him, smother him with kisses -- he will love it :)
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 19, 2009