should i breastfeed???

do you like it? im not sure what to do ive heard its really hard to figure out???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try it and find it.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• yeah i would say that everyone is different and you just have to try it. For me it was easy and didn't hurt, my son latched on great from the time he came out. You won't know until your baby is here and you try it. But it is how your body is suppose to feed your baby so your body and your baby know what to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Yes, you should. Women have done it for as long as humans have been around, and only 2% of women are actually medically unable to breastfeed. There are soooo many benefits for both yourself and your baby. Experts say that breastfed babies are 10% smarter. They also tend to have healthier weights and get sick way less often from a variety of things.Your breasts automatically make milk specifically designed for your baby. The correct amount, nutrients, everything...just for your baby. Not to mention, breastfeeding helps the mothers uterus return to it's normal size faster, helps the mother lose pregnancy weight, and can even help to prevent breast cancer and a form of diabetes. The benefits are endless,and while it can be really painful at first, once the baby gets a good latch, it gets better.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Also, when you deliver, most hospitals have a lactation consultant on staff for your use and any questions you may have. If not, nurses are more than happy to help.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I believe everyone who physically can, should. Every baby benefits from it. Seek out your local La Leche League, and start attending meetings now, before the baby is born. They are a great, and free, resource.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You will never regret trying but you may regret not trying. Go for it! It is best for baby and you. Congratulations on your impending birth.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think it is important to try. My daughter would never do it after trying around the clock for 2 weeks. Never once would latch on. All she did was cry and cry. The lactation consultants had a contraption using tubes and things with sugar water to try to get her to latch, we continued that at home even (we even did it with formula since she was dropping weight fast.) After two weeks, I gave up. It was not worth all the unhappiness between us both. Just remember, it is important to try. You may have a baby that latches right one with no problems and you may have a baby like mine. good luck!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Breastfeeding is a personal choice. First you must educate yourself on breastfeeding. Get a book and read about how often your baby feeds in the first few weeks and how benificial breastfeeding is to both you and your baby. Then get online and chat with women who have breastfed to find out the good and bad points. If you still don't know what to do, give breastfeeding a real try. Feed for the first 2 weeks and see how it goes. Trust that your body will make enough milk for your baby. Remember it is easier to go from breast to bottle than bottle to breast. Good luck!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 10:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• yes sure thing. if you can. it actually better too.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 11:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I totally think you should. It is really hard at first and everyone in the world will convince you to give up and think that the baby is not getting enough milk. I know, I just went through this all. However, I was stubborn and was going to accomplish this! Now, my baby is 3.5 months old and is breastfeeding wonderfully! Night time feedings are easier because I don't have to worry about getting up to fix a bottle. Breastfeeding is supply and demand so just be on your baby's schedule. Whenever he/she wants to feed, then feed him/her. This is will keep your milk supply going strong! If you need some support, just send me a message, I'll be glad to help. You can also probably join a breastfeeding group on cafemom. :)

You can do anything you put your mind to. Don't be afraid to try and don't be afraid to keep going.
    bfaith7

Answer by bfaith7 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2009