Your bankruptcy experiences

We retained our lawyer today and will file next month and I am just a wreck thinking that maybe we are doing the wrong thing. The lawyer said that we can do Chapter 7 but I am so worried that it is going to go wrong at the 341 meeting or they will not discharge us.

Our lawyer charges extra if your 341 is adjourned or if you have to go to a 2oo4, we have no extra money if that happens.

Any positive experiences to make me feel better. =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• My parents filed for bankruptcy, and they seem much more at ease now that they don't have to worry about the debt. They are renting a cute house with a huge yard and get to keep the money they are making instead of throwing it back to the bank and having nothing. I think they like renting after owning for so long b/c nothing that breaks is their problem to fix, etc. :) don't feel too bad... you'll be relieved when its finished.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• We tried filing twice; we were told both times that we did not earn enough money to file.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Wow. Trust me, it will be so worth it to file. I filed once and may end up doing it again. It was such a relief when those debts were eliminated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• The attorney should have told you if there would be a problem. I worried about mine too but it went through without a hitch.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Wow. Trust me, it will be so worth it to file. I filed once and may end up doing it again. It was such a relief when those debts were eliminated

Wow didn't learn your lesson the first time not to spend money you don't have or are you just a theif?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2009