Do you tell your hubby not to do things without you?

My hubby will never do anything without my permission and it's always things that I don't have to be worried about (Magic or D&D with his friends, wrestling shows, etc.).
He's so understanding it's unbelievable. But because he's so nice about it, I feel awful asking him not to do things sometimes. I know he wouldn't be upset and that he would willingly pass something for me but I just can't get over the idea that he may be mad at me for it.
It's stupid.
Anyone else scared to ask/tell your hubby not to do something?

jennifercalling

Asked by jennifercalling at 9:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• you are lucky
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I am scared to ask mine not to do something because I don't want him to take it the wrong way.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I'll ask my husband not to do something if it is a really inconvenient time or something else is going on or if I'm just really tired. I am very conscious of giving him time to do his own thing like he is of me but we both have reasons why we need the other around. I feel if you can't your husband to do or not do something then there is some deeper issues in the relationship that should be explored.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My husband is a grown man with a responsible head on his shoulders.  He doesn't need to ask permission to do anything, but he is considerate enough to let me know when and where he is going.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• No I'm not affraid to ask my hubby anything, he is not easily offended.
    When he want's to go do something like hang out with his buddy, go fishing or anything he comes ask me fist make sure I have nothing planned for us. In a marriage you can't be afraid to ask things can it can really become a drag after a while.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I don't ask my hubby permission to do anything and he has the same freedom we are a PARTNERSHIP not each others parents....We always make time for each other and we are always aware of what the other person is doing and with whom....if my hubby ever makes plans when we have a previous engagment ...I remind him...and we make a decision which is more important....I never get it when my our mutual friends are like I have to ask my "wife or husband" or "I can't go, he/she said no" I know that causes resentment because the two mutual friends I am talking about are not very happy....my husband and I love to spend time with each other and go places and have adventures together but we also realize we are different people and like our own time too! But every realtionship is different...you just need to talk to him about it and decide what you want yours to be like
    abbyg

Answer by abbyg at 11:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• We don't ask eachother for permission to do things. We do, however, respect eachother's opinions when one of us asks the other to hold off on something. If there is a good enough reason for you not wanting him to do something/go somewhere, as his wife, you are entitled to that opinion and should voice it. Whether he listens or not is a different story but you should still let him know how you feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Sep. 19, 2009