How can I remove ink off of my leather carseats?

My granddaughter drew a fabulous, but not wanted, happy face on the back of my car seat today. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove it. I tried alcohol and I have tried hair spray.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have tried everything to remove the ink from my car seats, including all the above-mentioned items. Nothing seems to work. I am going to see if there is a product made for this type of accident. If I find it, I will pass it on to all of you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Try a mr clean magic eraser. My mom used one on a leather chair & it worked wonders. Since its exposed to sun tho, I would def wipe it w/clean water tho. Wouldn't want it to fade.
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 9:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Try one of these: Magic eraser, Leather Cleaner or Baby Wipe.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• good ol hot water and soap. nothing a toothbrush cant fix! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• For permanant marker, like Sharpies, WD-40 takes it off. My nephew got mad at his sister, and used permenant marker on her new sneakers, and I told my sis, she used it, washed them and it came out. I would use magic eraser first, and I would use it on a part of my seat that doesn't show. Leather can absorb oil, so I would be very careful of wd-40, but if it is horribly obvious try it on a part that does not show - or use this info for other probs. WD-40 works on permanent marker well on hard surfaces.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I tried the alcohol thing on my couch with ink. IF you keep rubbing and keep changing out the cotton balls or magic eraser, it could work. BUT if you put alcohol on it and then leave it, good luck getting it out. I say this because I used a swab and didn't have anymore alcohol. It started coming out and seemed to be working, until I couldn't finish it. Now I've tried and tried and tried and can NOT get it out. If you figure something out that works, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! I really want this ink out of my leather sofa!!!
    cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 11:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• yep magic eraser works fab.. i took it off my walls and car seats too...
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2009