Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I received papers from my sons father about child support, and they are asking for me to fill out a income and expense declaration, now there is a section that asks about who lives with me and there income, do i have to write my husbands income whom lives with me and his income, i have no income havent worked in 7 years, he supports us all, includeing son from other father. ive never received child support first time, son is 14, but we have been supported by my husband, do i have to mention him, or his income? and ask about bills and utilites, we have alot, but i dont work my hubby pays them? help california

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

Answers (7)
  • I live in California as well & we had to do this too. You do have to show your income regardless if it is you or your DH. They just want to find out how much each household makes to calculate how much should be paid out for Child support. The child lives with you, Is that correct? What are your main concerns? Let me know if you have any other concerns or questions.

    Answer by onespecialmom at 10:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

  • It depends on the state, your in.

    Answer by Ministerswife at 10:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

  • They ask for household income so yes, you do have to put your household income (Whatever hubby makes). You're married that makes YOUR bills, his as well regardless of who pays it.

    Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:30 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

  • I live in NC and I had to declare my husband's income and the bills that he pays. Yes, it's to determine household income. It should also ask about additional children that you have with dh.

    Answer by missanc at 9:59 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

  • Yes you do, I am in CA and it is my understanding that they calculate a small part of your DH income. Good Luck

    Answer by dillonsma at 12:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

  • I live in Wisconsin and in the last 13 years I have NEVER had to give my income or bills to child support. The child support is based on the noncustodial parents income...for 1 child it is 17% of the income.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

  • Yes, you have to give the requested information.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.