What would you do in this situation (regarding child support)

My ex pays child support that is attached to his paycheck so it automatically comes out. He got a second job 2 months ago but never switched the wage attachment to his new job, he decided to keep it the way it was. In the meantime he quit the job that the child support came from and now out of the last two payments I should of recieved, I only recieved one late because he needed to mail a check to the courts. Now we go back to court in a little over a month to modify the support since the new job pays more.

Will the courts put him the arrears back dated to when he got the new job or is that my decision to do? If its my decision should I put him in the arrears back dated to when he got this new job or just let it go and just take the increase?

What is your opinion? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• The court will put him in arrears for any back unpaid support.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Yes he needs to pay arrears for the second job. The child still needed to eat in between jobs not to mention he had double pay during the time he had 2 jobs so the cs should have been increased as well during that time. Even if you don't need it, put it in an account for the child.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• They will put him in arrears for the payments that were missed, however far back that goes. The increase depends on the courts and the judge. Some will do it effective immediately, some will backdate it to when he got the new job. I don't think they'll let you decide, but I could be wrong.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I would have called my Pre-Piad Legal Services Inc. lawyer when summonds to court.

If you should need further assistance you can take a look at what our plans offer by clicking here.

For less than a cup of coffee, thats buying power of 1. million families and growing!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2009