painful bump on side of neck??

my son was aggravating my daughter climbing on her back, she told him to get off and of course he didn't so she pushed him off causing him to fall and hit the side of his neck on the coffee table. He now has a swollen lump right under his ear...he seems fine otherwise, and was playing normally after the incident but it is very painful when touched and just weird to see a lump on his neck like that. I would run to the ER if he wasn't acting normal but he seems totally fine otherwise and I really don't want to wake up my 1 year old if I don't have to...what do you guys think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Kids' Health

• its probably a swollen lymph node or a bump from landing on it, ie: running into something with ur head usually leaves a bump, i think there would be one on the neck as well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You could call the ER and ask them what they think. I'm sure that if you just keep an eye on it it'll go down.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 5:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2009