My Hubbys Little sister ...... arrrggghhh

okay
so my hubbys lil sister who is 14 is used to being a bit spoiled by all of her brothers. They would usually get her whatever she wants. A bit earlier in the year my hubby got his hours cut in half, big blow to our funds, so everytime she asked he would have to reject her or refer her to askk the oldest brother. Well My hubbys hours are back to normal but now I am pregnant and he has been totlly devoted to making sure our baby is taken care of, so again no stuff being bought for lil sis.

Well I go back to work soon and I make a good amount. Our yearly income should now be doubled with me working again. But when I work what I make goes to savings and to student loans which will be paid off this year :) I have a weird feeling that with my Hubby seeing more money, or his lil sis seeing us live more "wealthy" there will be some money going her way which i dont agree with...continued

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• 14 yr olds won't know the value of money if ppl keep giving it to her. Talk to hubby and remind him that enabling kids is NOT teaching her anything. If she works for the money that's one thing but don't just give her stuff. She won't learn the valuable lesson he can teach if he gives in to her whims.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My view is she didnt earn the money so im not giving her any. my own sister doesnt get anything from me unless she NEEDS it or earns it so I think same rules should go to his sister.

What would you do?

He loves his sister dearly, his mom died and she reminds him of her so much and she knows this and takes FULL advantage of this. Im not trying to be rude but the money we make needs to stay with us unless 1. we both agree on the placement and I will never agree for money to go to her so she can buy some popular shoe or w/e 2. some1 else earns it.

Im just tired of it. its not that he cant see it he just has a soft spot for her. uggghh
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• :( I think you should let your brother do as he pleases..its his money also
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You should talk to him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• his money is your money
    your money is his

i agree if she doesnt need it and is just trying to get money whenever she can she needs to be pushed to the side
    you have a baby ... shes not your baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• OP

should I just get my own account...the money we make is supposed to go towards bills and savings for the babies college fund, family medical fund, and vacation time. If he gets her this pair of shoes, this shirt, forks over 100 bucks evry now and then it will eventually add up

if this is how it "should" be...Him giving her money whenever she begs for it I'd rather just transfer my savings and my money to another account
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Your hubby should tell her if you need it no problem if you want it get a job
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• lol looovemybabies

yes tell her to get a J.O.B.
    teens are greedy and want whatever they can get without thinking of the person they are taking from
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• p.s I would remind him of the college student loans and that he if puts money in a bank acct (investment) for his own child's college fund instead of throwing it away on sis he could keep his child from borrowing for college

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• OP

I'll talk to him about it.
    I mean I take her and my lil sis on a yearly shopping trip. They get to spend 500 each and thats usually it besides the christmas present and b-day present. I feel like 500 is enough but his sister doesnt see that.

I feel like im spoiling them both enough so Ill sit down with him and her at the same time next time she's over.

Thanks ladies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009