need help.....

how many times can you dye your hair in a short time frame? i just dyed my hair a couple days ago,but i want to dye it again to get the color i want what do you think?

sherryfeltner

Asked by sherryfeltner at 10:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• note:the reason why you can go light to dark multiple times is because dark hair color simple adds a layer to your hair shaft it doesnt remove all pigment from your hair like bleach does, I will tell you though, if your one who likes that deep rich color, so you color often, then you need to be using a demi (semi) haircolor...yes they fade quicker but this is because the color doesnt actually enter into the cortex of the hair shaft like the permanent kind does, which causes a ton of damage over time, rather demi's(semi's) just lay on top of the hair shaft and gradually fade over time...this is also why you may notice darker hair shades appear shinier then blondes.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 7:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Its really hard on ur hair...but I won't lie- I've done it. Mine faded in like 3 days so my stylist redid it w/a different brand of dye.
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 10:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• are you going lighter or darker?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• im going from red to blonde
    sherryfeltner

Answer by sherryfeltner at 10:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Red to blonde will be terrible for your hair. Quite frankly, it will most likely "fry" it because you have to strip the color out with bleach. Since you want to go lighter, and your hair is already colored, you have to use a bleach to lift the color. I peronally wouldn't recommend it,not this soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• red to blonde will be awful to be honest. i wouldnt do that. if i were u i would wait a week and get blonde highlights, get highlights that arent think but thin and all over the head it will look awesome! with the red tint. let me know how it turns out girl
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:23 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Sorry I didn't get back to u... Mine turned out fine, but I dyed mine dark, except where I previously had blonde chunks. It was darkest brown (almost black) w/deep purple framing my face. It was pretty, but apparently my hair just will not hold color. Period. :( hope urs turns out great whatever u do...
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 2:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• hi! Im a hairdresser and going from red to blonde can be super tricky , even harder , if your doing it yourself..the more times you put bleach on your hair the more your hair literally dies each time. bleach is not a color it removes all pigment from your hair...this is why blonde hair is so much more fragile and can sometimes be more corse. I would honestly suggest going somewhere to get alot of blode foiled in, simply because this will give your hair an overall appearance of blonde and a stylist can do it in a way that will not overlap your exsisting blonde which can cause alot of breakage.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 7:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2009