Should nut bans be enforced at public parks and on public transportation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Look a peanut allergies treatment. Why don't we put our efforts into more research in the US.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• nuts, as in crazy people? or nuts nuts? No to both, that is just craziness! If your child is allergic and old enough to ride a bus than they should know enough to stay away from them.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• OP

lol...PEANUT bans...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• of course not! ...and even if you aren't trying to be a troll ...this is a big TROLL question.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• OP

Why is it a troll question? My child has a severe allergy to peanut butter, and I don't want some kid with peanut butter on his hands getting it all over the slide and swings, etc. And if my son has to take the bus, I don't want him to inhale peanut residue from others. I have a right to keep my son safe, don't I?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Enough with the damn peanut questions already.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I have a right to keep my son safe, don't I?

Yes YOU do, but the rest of the world doesn't have to chnge for you and your child.
    You need to do everything you can to keep your child safe, but that doesn't mean you can impose bans on the general public. I think peanut and peanut butter bans are just common sense for schools, but not the general public.
    I mean, look at the public smoking bans and how long and hard it was to get them passed, and nobody can argue that smoking is good for anybody. (Not even the smokers!)
    Now if you try to ban a snack food that 90% of the general public regards as actually healthy and good for you, it's an unwinnable scenario.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Is this the topic of the week?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:01 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• better quit the peanut questions before you drive me to smearing peanut butter on the twisty slide at the park! (no i would never do that) but people who have kids who are allergic to something have the burden, not the public, schools take the responsibity but busses and parks are something you can avoid, or you can teach them to use wizely, dont sit in peanut shells .... what if it was a bee sting allergy? would you ask the public to kill or contain all bees for your child's safety at the cost of everyone else...... NO. it's simply unreasonable.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Op hates children that have peanut allergies. She is upset she has to come up with an alternative that might take her a few minutes longer to make for her child. She lacks brain power to be creative and come up with actual healthy lunches for her child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2009