Anonymous answers -- WTH?

I have been browsing the recent questions, hoping to help people, and I am SHOCKED at the nasty, dumb, uneducated, rude answers that women are posting. And they are all anonymous. I know that CM has this anon option for reasons such as women being embarassed by their questions, etc .... but people are straight abusing this option. I can't believe these are grown women who are doing this.

Should the anonymous option be taken away? What are other people's opinion on this?

CA_Mom_of_2boys

Asked by CA_Mom_of_2boys at 10:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no it shouldnt! i always post anon, but ive never been rude to anyone. but i really do post everything anon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I tend to post very personal answers anon. I make an effort to try and be objective and sensitive in my answers but I understand your feelings. People are awful on here because they can be.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• LOL That wouldn't happen. Why are you trying to control other people and their actions?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• To Anon 8:23PM --

Thank you for proving my point.
    CA_Mom_of_2boys

Answer by CA_Mom_of_2boys at 11:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i always ask and answer anon. im never rude. i started ans. anon because non anons were rude and nasty on a simple prob. that i was having and got unwanted email. there are plenty of people that dont post anon and are just as mean and nasty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I post everything anon as well. Once in a great great while to a non-serious question I may post a funny or sarcastic answer, but I don't try to be rude, and if it's a really serious question I only answer to help the OP or ask questions to better understand the situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Sep. 19, 2009