What is bipolar? Can the person with bipolar get disability?

My husband's ex wife claims she has bipolar, how can they be diagnosed with that condition? She brags on internet that she has some college degree making over 40 to 60 thousand a year. She's sure wierd because she threatened my husband that if he doesn't bring their kid's coat, that she will have the police escort her to pick up the coats. She claims she goes to church that even her kids learn well from her. But then she expects us to pick up the kids when actually it's her time to spend time with the kids as agreed in court. Poor lady.

allie140

Asked by allie140 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Bi-polar is a condition where your brain creates too much serotonin at times then not enough at other times. When you go through the high serotonin period you have way too much energy and you tend to want to go on trips you can't afford, do major house projects you can't finish...etc. During your depression (low serotonin) you can't get out of bed, you're suicidal...etc. It's hard for someone with this condition to maintain jobs and yes can get on disability in sever cases.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I have bi-polar, and a college degree, and I get SSD. I tend to have more depression than the mania. It's hard for me to even leave the house, let alone maintain a job. I wish I was normal again, I really do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009