Will you call them out?

The increasingly aggressive Democratic National Committee on Friday launched a new “Call ’Em Out” website targeting prominent Republicans for statements they have made about President Barack Obama’s health reform plans.

“Help debunk the outrageous lies and misinformation about health reform,” the site says.

DNC spokesman Hari Sevugan said: “The message to opponents of change who would lie or misrepresent the truth should be clear. We are going to respond forcefully and consistently with the facts, and you will no longer be able to peddle your lies with impunity. Through tools like 'Call 'Em Out,' you will be met with a rain of hellfire from supporters armed with the facts and you will be held to account.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/27311.html#ixzz0RWAEjhtk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• So, are they going to report themselves?? That would be a good thing. It would certainly save the rest of us some time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Nope. I am not listening to Republicans. I didn't like the bill when I first read it, and I doubt I will like the one they are writing now. Why do you all assume that many conservatives can and do think for themselves, without the help of elected republicans?  I swear, sometimes this place feels like an elementary school. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• How much more childish and highschool are our elected officials going to become. This reminds me of that site where you bash your ex boyfriend and call them out. IMO the dems are making their self look more and more immature, power hungry, and less in it for the people than they are about just have the power. It's pathetic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I swear, sometimes this place feels like an elementary school.

Kids in elementary know better than to be as mean as some of the people on here! lol....I won't call them, I'll call my local pols to see what THEY are doing!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• That's because like little self absorbed children, Dems seek validation from those that are least likely to give it to them, anon:14.

Geez.  Forget free speech, they don't even want you to have a free thought. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• here is the site of course guess who?
    Organizing for America
    http://www.democrats.org/page/content/callout

This is getting ridiculous. What in the hell is going on? Why do they feel this is necessary? Republicans didn't do this when everyone opposed the Iraq war!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• anon :02, that's because many of the Democrats didn't oppose the war until it got close to mid term elections.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I just went to the site and went to the contact us. Dropped them a nice little message about how pathetic i think the entire thing is, and that I , a registered democrat, am ashamed to call them my elected officials.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• "Nope. I am not listening to Republicans. I didn't like the bill when I first read it, and I doubt I will like the one they are writing now. Why do you all assume that many conservatives can and do think for themselves, without the help of elected republicans? I swear, sometimes this place feels like an elementary school"

Most conservatives DO think for themselves. Your comment doesn't really make sense.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think it is crap that the majority of American voters are forced to side with their political party because neither side can be trusted.
    Why cant we just get the STRAIGHT facts and then make our decisions? I dont understand what the need is for all of the bogus conspiracy theories and gossip websites? Both parties will do anything to "win" when thats not what its about. It's about making a difference in our country!
    I guess I just have to side with the ones who I truly beleive have our best intentions at heart. I just cant bring myself to think that my goverment is trying to destroy my future and steal my rights.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:47 AM on Sep. 19, 2009