Cervix charting...So Confused...Maybe TMI

I am currently breastfeeding a nine month old, and havent had my first pp af. However im still ttc. To be honest, i never planned on having my DD, but now that shes almost 1, i want another baby! So ive never really researched fertility and ttc. Im so new! So someone told me to check my cervix. Well I did. Its low and hard and closed. I had EWCM. What does this mean? Also, FYI, I just got off Errin birth control pills about two weeks ago. We did the BD a few days after i got off bcp's. Also we BD a few days ago. I was at my sisters house for two weeks after the BD. without my husband so no sex those two weeks.Could i have gotten pregnant then? I did a pregnancy test this morning and it was a BFN. Am i fertile at all, or is AF coming? I have had some slight cramping i have noticed. Thanks for the help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You won't concieve until you start ovulating. Usually, before your baby is a year old, you have a "warning period" where you bleed without having ovulated. After a year you usually ovulate before you bleed. Some women have EWCM and don't ovulate because your body has yet to reach it's estrogen threshold. Get the book Taking charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. You will learn all about it. You are not likely to concieve until one of two things happens... you ahve all the symptoms of ovulation, or you start cycling again. Start taking your basal body temperature and chart that... that will tell you when you have ovulated.

I don't think you concieved recently, though, because absence of periods means absence of ovulation.

There are a few things you can do to increase your fertility without weaning, though. If you're interested in those, PM me or join the group Breastfeeding Moms Against Formula.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009