my son is 2 & I put him in a time out in his chair which he keeps getting up, I read on here once that I should hold him down for the two min. is up? What do you think about this?

NicksMom11385

Asked by NicksMom11385 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't hold him down, just keep puttin ghim back in the chair.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Dont hold him down just keep putting him back until he does his two min!
    lizzysmom83

Answer by lizzysmom83 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i agree with the above posters.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• THanks : ) I thought the holding down thing didn't sound right lol
    NicksMom11385

Answer by NicksMom11385 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I agree with the others, holding him down probably isn't a good idea.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i dont think that holding him down is the answer, but u cant give in, sit him down as soon as he gets up every time until his time is up after a few time outs of sitting him down every time he gets up. he will get the idea and stop getting up. i had the same problem with mine, after a few times they stopped getting up. some take a few, some just 1 time and some are a lot more stubborn than others just dont give up.
    MomOfTwins11

Answer by MomOfTwins11 at 12:31 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Don't hold him down.. that just makes them fearful. Just keep putting him back and resetting the timer each time he gets up. If he still continues to get up, get to his level and explain to him why he's in time out, how long he has to sit and that he isn't to get up until the timer goes off. (If you don't have a timer, you should really get one.)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:59 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• if you ever watch nanny 911 or supernanny they tell you to not say a word and take them back to their time out spot repeatadly till time is up and after a few times they'll get it that no matter what they are going back and eventually start sitting there for time out
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 2:27 AM on Sep. 19, 2009