just found out i was pregnant again.. but i dnt have health insurance.. where do i go from here?

whats the most afforable thing i could get? so i could have prenatal care? bc my dh works on commison and some checks are ok.. and some check just really suck i happen to NOT qualify for medicare.. will any private insurance companies take on someone that is Already preggos.. should i get insurance then later say i found out i was pregnat.. this would be f**ked i knw.. but i need to do what i can do so my unborn child gets prenatal care.. any suggestions. thank u

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Health

• You could have a home birth with a midwife. ...those typically cost about 5000 dollars or less, and that includes everything. Prenatal care, sonogram ...the whole package. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Oh. and many midwifes will be open to a payment plan of sorts. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• look around i over heard my doc tell someone most ins company don't consider being prego a pre-eisting condition
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i thought all women who are pregnant w/ no ins qualify for soonercare regardless of your dh's income. i did w/ my second baby. the coverage ends after your post labor check up appt.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I am a medical underwriter at Blue Cross Blue Shield in the individual market, meaning plans you buy on your own and not thru an employer. First things first, you DO NOT qualify for regular insurance. You are uninsurable due to being pregnant. No insurance company is going to take a pregnant person that they know they will have to pay out all that money on, and them more than likely that person will term the policy after the birth. So they will be losing money. No insurance company will take you. Now, about lying on the application and saying your not pregnant....most plans have a 9-12 month maternity waiting period on their plans to prevent this type of thing. The claims would not be paid anyway. On top of that, your policy would then be redflagged due to the pregnancy claims coming in right after the effective date and would be sent to the medical investigations unit. CON'T......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• What they do is re-review applications that have been redflagged for possible misrepresentation on the application. They will order medical records from your dr. If it is found that you were pregnant prior to applying, they will rescind your policy back to the effective date and refund all premiums paid, minus any money they have paid out in medical bills. it's like you never had a policy. So basically, lying on your app is not going to work. They will find out you lied. And if they don't catch that you lied, most have a 9 month waiting period like i said, anyway. Meaning they do not pay any maternity claims for 9 months. You best bet at this point is to check with your state. I though pregnancy qualified you for medicaid? Or maybe you can just start saving? Or find a part time job with medical benefits? I'm sorry hun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i got medicare with my first and secound. with my first my DH worked at mcdonalds and my 2nd he has a trucking job and made way more then needed it just his work had united health care and they didnt cover very much at all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• ^^ It's Medicaid. Medicare is for seniors.

Go to the department of welfare and apply for Medicaid. It will cover you up to you post-natal.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I had to have medicaid with both my boys cause my husband got laid off, for some reason times got bad for us when we were expecting!
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 3:13 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• medicaid will cover any pregnant woman regardless of income. Go to your health dept. and get a pg test and when it comes back positive they will fill out your medicaid paper work for you and it should be effective immediately. If you aren't working yourself just tell them that you have no income. (it makes the paperwork easier.
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 10:41 AM on Sep. 19, 2009