what are the milestones I can expect with my 3 month old?

I have a 3 month old little girl and I have a 17 y/o son, so its been ages since i have done this! What did your little one start to do or was doing at this age? Just trying to figure out what to expect. thanks

jfinch

Asked by jfinch at 11:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 3 months my daughter became really interesting in objects and would try to reach for them but really couldn't figure it out until she was 4 months, where she started to sit unsupported and grab toys. But she would pat them or shake a rattle if i put it in her hand. At 3 months is all about those smiles and giggles! My daughter is 11 months walking and climbing on everything! it makes me miss those peaceful days of constant smiles and giggles!! But i think your next milestone is coming soon with starting to sit and grab lots of toys and wanting to play :)
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I have a 5 month old and the development from 3-5 month is really amazing. More so than newborn-3 months...well with my son anyways. Around 3 months is when I felt my son was really aware of everything, his surroundings and got more into toys. Up until then he would look but never was grabbing. It was around 3 months that the bouncer actually became a world of excitement rather than a place he fell right asleep in. You should be getting alot more smiles from a 3 month old, but it was not until maybe 4 months I was getting tons of giggles and hearty laughs...another thing that would be improving around this time i head control. if on tummy a 3 month old should be getting really good in this area. Now at 5 months my son can almost lift his entire chest off the ground, but not for very long. Rolling over too...maybe just one side, but my son started wanting to do this more around this month and by 4 months perfected one side.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My favorite thing from 3-5 months is that now my son gets so amused by me being silly. When I do funny things like make wierd noises or just blow on his tummy he cracks up. Its like we share the same humor. This was not something he did at 3 months but you should look forward to that within the next two months :)
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My little girl is almost 4 months and in the last month she's started to smile a lot - she makes lots of squeaky sounds and kind of yells sometimes to test out her voice. She is just starting to reach for things and is barely able to hold some things...she is also working on figuring out how to suck her thumb. She drools a ton and has her hands in her mouth a lot. She has really good head control now and also loves to "stand" in my lap. She is getting her own little personality now...it's really fun!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2009