My contractions

I am 37 weeks and have been having some contractions all day. I havent bothered to time them or anything but Ive noticed that they have been getting closer together but only last about 30 seconds and are not painful but more uncomfortable. I called L&D but they tld me to come in when they are 2-3 mintes apart AND painful. My OB is out of town for a conference so I wanted to know if they are coming pretty fast but not lasting or paindful if I should go get checked anyways?

KaireasMommy

Asked by KaireasMommy at 11:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Also the baby is still moving some....
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 11:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i would get checked. You may just have a really high pain tolerance. My SIL went in for her 36 week check up and she was 5 cm! She had no idea at all because she couldn't really feel the contractions. The doctor sent her to the hospital and 3 hours later the baby was born! Its better to be safe then sorry, you don't want to have the baby at home!
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• 2-3 min apart? that is very late. most hospitals tell you 5-6 min apart. You could very well be in labor and I would go see your doc just to make sure.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 12:23 AM on Sep. 19, 2009