Have any of you had back labor?

If so, what did it feel like when it started? Was it a constant pain, or did it come and go? Did you feel it in your abdomen as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had back labor with my second. At first it started like normal labor, menstral type cramping and constant low back pain. After about an hour, I felt like I had been stabbed in the low back, radiating through my hips and it never stopped. With contractions, it got worse. I have a pretty high pain tolerance but that took me out. My husband and doctor were both shocked at how much pain I was in. In fact I clearly remember my doctor telling the nurse to "get her pain relief now". I had planned on delivering only using IV meds like I did with my first but the pain was so intense that I got an epidural. It was the worst pain I have ever felt.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:02 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I had constant achy pain in my lower back that felt a lot like menstrual cramps, but got progressively worse. I didn't start having pain in my lower belly until I was really having steady contractions and was in full blown labor.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I felt huge pressure on my pelvis and lower back.. but I got the epidural and most of the labor I didn't feel anything until delivery. My daughter was stuck in the birth canal for two hours. I felt her face moving. It was weird.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2009