Anyone have a job in the Health Information Technology Field?

I am going to school for HIT...I know that it is going to be a pretty fast growing occupation, from what I have read on the bls.gov site, and heard from advisors and other sources. The pay troubles me because its not great according to bls...does anyone work for a job in this field, or similiar to this. I was confident in this path but now I am rethinking. I think I would be most interested in working in cancer research with an HIT degree rather than just a hospital doing coding all day long. Please let me know if you are in this field, t hanks!

soveryconfused

Asked by soveryconfused at 11:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• My husband is in IT, but not in that specialty. He's been noticing that IT salaries have been dropping in general, unless you're a programmer.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:03 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I would start at a community college, and pick up every Cisco and Microsoft certification that you can.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2009